"Positive Approach is a welcoming community of dogs and their people."
● Is there a discount for longer stays and/or multiple dogs from one family? Yes and yes!
● Is there an age requirement or limit? No. We have young puppies, elderly dogs and everything in between.
● Can I bring my dog’s own bedding and toys? Absolutely! We want them to feel as safe and comfortable as possible.
● Can I bring their own food? Yes! In fact, we require it to avoid digestive problems for your furry kid.
● How big are the suites and runs? Small dog suites are 3’X5’, larger dog suites are 4’X6’, and kennel runs are 3’X10’.
● Will you administer medications? Yes! (To be given during the day, from the original container, with your dog’s name on it and clear instructions about dosages, etc.)
More Details You’ll Want to Know:
● Dogs are fed separately, in their own suite or kennel. We want them to feel comfortable while eating.
● We have the same high quality security system as the Pierce County Humane Society and the Tacoma School District.
● We clean kennel runs all day long, every day.
● If your dog prefers, weather permitting, we take kennel run dogs outside for “potty” breaks during the day.
● Our suites and kennels have partitions. (Even the friendliest dogs can fence fight when not visually separated from their neighbors.) We want “our” dogs to feel safe.
● All boarding areas are climate controlled.
Peak rates apply Nov 15th to Jan 3rd, Memorial Day to Labor Day
● Kennel only daily: $25 1st dog; $20 2nd dog; $15 3rd dog
● Stay & Play: $39 1st dog; $30 2nd dog; $20 3rd dog
● Weekly rates: Boarding $235; Kennel only $150
● Monthly rates: Boarding $900; Kennel only $550
● Kennel only daily: $30 1st dog; $25 2nd dog; $15 3rd dog
● Stay & Play: $44 1st dog; $37.50 2nd dog; $25 3rd dog
● Weekly rates: Boarding $270; Kennel only $180
● Monthly rates: Boarding $1050; Kennel only $800
To make Daycare/Boarding reservations:
1) Follow the instructions in the Dog Daycare section of this website to get your dog daycare approved.
2) After approval, schedule at least one day of daycare close to your boarding date. This is to make your dog more comfortable when he/she stays with us for boarding.
3) Call or e-mail us to schedule your pup’s boarding stay ASAP. We can fill up, especially at holiday time. (For holiday stays, expect to make a deposit).
To make Non-daycare Boarding Only reservations:
1) Complete the Registration application on-line, or in person at our 1301 Center location. (This is the same as the Daycare Application, just check "Boarding only" at the bottom of the application.)
2) Make your boarding reservations by phone, in person, or through e-mail. Remember that we can fill up, especially at holiday time. (For holiday stays, expect to make a deposit).